Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Keyless Remote

Recently I went to a friend's house to work on a project. We have spent several weeks working on the same project, so today was like another ordinary day working on this project with my friend. However, this day turned into quite an extraordinary
day like no other day.

As we sat at my friend's dining room table working on the plans for our project we were quite impressed with our progress. Things were going smoothly until it was time for me to leave.

When I went to start my car I realized that I did not have my car keys.
My friend and I searched both the car and her house for close to a hour looking for my keys.

After carefully retracing my steps that I
had taken prior to leaving my house
I realized that I had left home without them. Because I had started the car prior to going back into the house to retrieve a forgotten item the car was able to run without the key because of the keyless remote. I could get where I needed to go and do the things that I needed to do as long as the car was running, as soon as I turn off the motor the car will not restart again unless I have the key.

Our lives are very similar to my car experience, we can get to where we need to be and do the things that we need to do, but eventually God stops us and reminds us that he is our key and our guide to future travels.

It tells us in Psalms 48:14 "For this
God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end."
Once I shut off my engine my car would no longer run without the key.

Thank heavens that our God is a God who never leaves us or forsakes us even when we have forgotten him. However, he often shuts us down and stops us from running for a short
period of time until we return to him and realize that he is the only key that we will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment