Saturday, August 4, 2012

"Don't Leave me"

Today was our annual church picnic.We have had the picnic in the same location for the past several years.  Each year when it is time for me to travel to the location I follow my girl friend and her husband to the park. They have consistently teased me about my lack of a sense of direction; in fact my girl friend jokingly told me that she was having a tee shirt made for me that would say, "Don't Leave me." This is what I consistently say to them as we travel to the park, them in their car and me in mine.

I know that they will not leave me even if I fall behind in traffic, they will pull over to the side of the road and wait until I catch up.They will see me safely to my destination. The friends that I have will get behind me and lead me down the right path until I reach the chosen destination. Even though they often tease me about my lack of direction, they never look at my limitations as a weakness or a fault.

This is what God does for us, In Joshua 1:5 God tells Joshua, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." He does for me what my good friends do for me, he stays besides me, leading me down the right path, safely seeing me to the destination that he has for me.  He pulls over to the side of the road and waits for me when I get caught up and traffic and have lost my way. Jesus is my friend who will never leave me.

1 comment:

  1. Rovenia, I can relate. I am regularly getting lost (even with a GPS). Praise God that He never leaves us or forsakes us! I am loving your blog--great writing!

    ReplyDelete