Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's Ok to let go of the Polka Dot Coffee Mugs

Several years ago I bought a set of twelve polka dot coffee mugs. I loved these mugs. Every morning when I arrived at my kitchen cabinet a bright, shiny coffee mug of either red, blue or black polka dot would be there to greet me.

Over the last several years I have begun losing several of my favorite mugs. Handles have been broken, chips have appeared and now I am down to only eight perfect coffee mugs that have managed to remain intact.

I never really thought about how significant a coffee mug was until I started thinking about somethings in my life that God has decided to either chip away, crack or completely destroy. He doesn't want us to hold on to the old things in our lives in 2 Corinthians 5:17 Paul tells the Corinthians "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!"

Over the years that I have had my polka dot coffee mugs I have enjoyed them, but there are a whole new set of coffee mugs that are just as bright and cheerful just waiting for the purchase. Just as there is new life waiting in Christ, He's just waiting for us to throw away what's cracked and broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment