Monday, May 13, 2013

A Tender Moment Pushing the Grocery Cart

Recently I've been spending a lot if time at the grocery store. There's some thing exciting about all the possibilities on variations of foods that you can choose from as you stroll from aisle to aisle.

My daughter always tells me that I need to get a life, because most people detest going to the
supermarket. However, this has always been an enjoyable task for me. My most recent trip proved to be quite enjoyable. Any one who knows me well knows I have a fondness for nuts, the edible ones that is. As I stood in the aisle deciding on whether I should get walnuts or pecans I was witness to the most tender moment between a man and his son.

The two came along side of me and stopped to browse at the many variations of candy that the store offered. The little boy, who couldn't have been any older than five asked his dad if he would buy him some gummy bears. The dad replied, "Only if we get some swedish fish to go along with them."
The smile that appeared on the little boy's face was priceless. They had struck a deal on the purchase, they even made it official by shaking on it.

As they proceeded to gather their purchases the father said that they needed to head down the aisle where the milk was, after all that's what this trip was for in the first place.   As  we parted our ways I thought this was the last that I would see the deal making pair.

They had acquired several other purchases beyond the candy and the milk since our earlier encounter in the nut and candy aisle. The three of us were now in the frozen foods aisle. The gummy bears and the swedish fish were now securely at the bottom of the cart and there was no doubt about their purchase.

As the little boy stood along side of his father as he pondered about the brand of vegetables that his wife wanted, he gently tugged his father's hand to get his attention. His father said, "Yes, son what is it?"  The little boy, with his innocent face and crystal blue eyes looked up at his father and said, "I love you daddy."  His father looked down at him and took his son's small hand in his and said, "I love you too."

Witnessing God's tender moments is a miracle, they are often far and between, but for me they were between the frozen peas and the milk.  Remember, God's miracles are happening all around us, if we take the time to hear we might be surprised what happens in the frozen food aisle.  Happy shopping!









1 comment:

  1. It's nice to hear something good happening in our world these days. A breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete