Monday, May 13, 2013

When The Son Touches Us

It was a bright sunny morning when I looked out my dinning room window and I saw my husband leaning back into the seat of his wheelchair with his eyes closed resting his head on the side of the garage, with his baseball cap and a pair of shades protecting his eyes.
He always has a total look of contentment on these bright sunny days, ever since I have known him, he has truly relished a sunny day. It makes me happy watching him find happiness in something so simple.

When we close our eyes and lean back in our spirits and take in the Son of Man finds that same joy, when we close our eyes and sup on this word. He stands at the dining room window of heaven watching us sink into his word just as my husband finds total contentment sitting in the doorway of the garage.  When I walk away from the dinning room window and I know that my husband will again find comfort and warmth on the next sunny day it gives me the reassurance that The Son of Man finds that same reassurance that we will continue to turn our hearts and minds to his word and seek the comfort and warmth of a living word that washes us and breathes the breathe of life into our very souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment