Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Passed Relatives Girl Friend

I have a good friend who has stuck closer than a sister. Almost two years ago my ninety five year old aunt became very ill and had to be relocated from Chicago to Harrisburg. This was a very difficult time for our family. Taking in an elderly relative can be an overwhelming task. However,
my girlfriend made the transition a much easier one.

She traveled with me to Chicago and helped me get my aunt settled back here in Harrisburg, once she was settled her and several other friends became my aunt's care takers.

During this transition, my girl friend brought me great comfort. Her nurturing spirit was a true gift from God. Most recently this nurturing spirit of hers was called into action again.

A week ago my older brother became quite ill and subsequently past away several days later. Having to travel from Harrisburg to Maryland alone was not something that I ventured on doing so soon after hurricane Sandy.

This is when my trusty friend put back on her cape of compassion and teamed tagged along with me for another trip for another relative.

Her companionship settled my spirits
and reminded me of the scripture Proverbs 17:17, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." She had truly been a friend in my times of adversity. I thank the Lord for my "all weather" friend who
Is not just a traveling buddy but a
source of great comfort.

I pray that you have a "all weather"
friend that sticks closer than a sister. These individuals are far and in between, so I am blessed in the
Lord to have such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment