Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Gathering Place

About a month ago I walked into the salon where I have been getting my hair done for the past several years. The proprietress of this shop has a style that not only brands her business, but brings women together for more than a modern coif.

The day that I walked into her salon I found myself gathered into a prayer circle with three other women which
Included the owner of the salon.

As we stood uplifting one of our spiritual sisters up in prayer I began to see the ministry that my stylist had created in her business. Over the years we have gathered in this small hair sanctuary where we have found encouragement, laughter and friendship.

Hair salons have been the topic makers for several movies; we have all cried during those touching scenes in
"The Steel Magnolia," and laughed at the antics depicted in Queen Latifah's "The Salon." Most women can relate to the social circles that can be found in the inter sanction of a hair salon. However, the place where I gather is much different than your ordinary hair salon; here is a place of ministry.

Here is where we can freely share our victories and our defeats. We can count on a Godly word mixed with some life experiences that we can gleam knowledge from.

This little shop is no ordinary place, here we can find a sense of self both externally and internally. It's a good gathering place, one that God has endorsed.

Where is your gathering place, is it a place that God frequents? Do you find Godly advice or gossip? Will you find a circle of prayer or a den of envy?

It's good to have a good gathering place.

No comments:

Post a Comment