Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Doing the Writer Thing

      I know what you all are thinking, its been quite a while since I've blogged.  Well, this is true, however, I've had some experiences that were truly worthy of blogging and I simply didn't find the time to sit down and write.  I've been too busy doing this writer thing.  I've recently finished my third book, "The Royal Story Teller."  I've also spent a great deal of time working toward making my literary character Mrs. Idabee Marbles a household name.  Well, folks, there is one thing that  you should know, becoming a well known writer is not for the faint of heart.  This stuff is a lot of hard work.
     In fact aspiring to breaking into any industry takes a lot of hard work.  This reminds me of something that my son re tweeted on Twitter, "Be phenomenal or be forgotten."  A lot of great quotes can be found on tee shirts.  Even greater things can be found on the pages of God's living word. One of my favorite scripture is from Mark 9:23, "All things are possible if you believe."

     Not only am I believing that all things are possible, but all things are done in His time. It was his call that reminded me that this blog was not just any ordinary blog,  the thoughts that I share have always been conversations that I have had with God.  Who am I to stop sharing my thoughts, so here I am.  As I sit watching the controversy that encircles the political candidates, God dropped this thought on me; as the world struggles with the pending political election and  who will have power over the country it seems to have once again forgotten about the living God who has power over everything.  We do need to remember God's words in 2 Chronicles 7:14, "If my people, who are called by my name would humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land."

     Humbling, isn't it?  Not enough tee shirts printed with wisdom like that.  Just another thought dropped on me.  I'll be back.  Who was it that said that?

     

No comments:

Post a Comment