Monday, September 24, 2012

The Safe Lane

Recently I was driving on the interstate on my way to church. The traffic was moving along quite smoothly and the cars were traveling at a steady pace.
As I traveled along my way I noticed that all of the cars started to slowly move over into the right lane. After a few minutes the traffic slowed down to a slow crawl. As I looked ahead I noticed that there was a flatbed truck carrying a large load of lumber that was tied down by several canvas straps.

As the trucker traveled along his way his load had begun to shift to one side.The other drivers realized that the best thing to do was to move over in the next lane to give the truck driver a clear lane to pass.This sudden change in traffic flow caused the turtle's pace. I sat and thought about how God does this to his children.

He is our guide, a passage way for safe travel. It says in Psalm 73:21-26,
Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterwards you take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

He alway let's us know when we have moved into a unsafe lane, when our loads become a little lopsided he moves over and gives us clear vision for a safe passage while guiding us to a place of safety. sometimes the pace seems slow, but his path is always the best direction for our travels. There's a comfort in knowing that our Lord and Savior is directing traffic and watching out for overloaded travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment